Just look what Goodreads sent me!
How cool is that? I wish they could offer me the gift of time as well as a pretty badge. Then I might catch up on all those books still unread and unreviewed, but I’m working on it. Meanwhile, I’ll add some thyme, rosemary and sage while I cook dinner. And I’ll dream that one day Goodreads might give me a slightly different badge – one that says TOP 1% of WRITERS instead of reviewers. How cool would that be?
Of course, if I wrote more, or wrote faster, I’d have a better chance of being well-known, which brings me back to that precious gift, not yet downloadable, of time. So… what would you do if you had more time? Use a writing prompt perhaps? Why not try this?
- Write a sentence beginning, “If only she/he had the time…”
- Write a sentence ending with the phrase, “but he/she wished she/he had the time.”
- Write a sentence with the phrase, “if there were only enough time” somewhere in the middle of it.
- Which sentence do you like best?
- Which timelessness inspires you?
- Now write a short story, character study, scene, snippet or poem, where every sentence includes some similar reference to the absence of time. (No cheating though. It’s got to be time, not thyme.)